Google+ Local enables people to discover new places on Google, to read the reviews and see recommendations. The service is intergrated with Google+, Google Search and Google Maps. Using any of these services, you will be able to see reviews of a certain place.
Reviews and good rating help you attract customers, so Google Local feature is an excellent way to improve the public image of your business. Additional integration with three Google’s services helps users find you easily regardless if they are using a computer or a mobile device.
Users access the reviews in order to see recommendations from their friends or other people on the Internet. This helps them get more information about the business in question. Users also get the chance to tell about their own experience with a certain business. Besides the rating (one to five stars) users can submit a written review and photos of the business. Reviews are publicly visible on the page.
* Local business information quality guidelines
– Your title should reflect your business’s real-world title.
– In addition to your business’s real-world title, you may include a single descriptor that helps customers locate your business or understand what your business offers.
– Marketing taglines, phone numbers, store codes, or URLs are not valid descriptors.
– Examples of acceptable titles with descriptors (in italics for demonstration purposes) are “Starbucks Downtown” or “Joe’s Pizza Delivery”. Examples that would not be accepted would be “#1 Seattle Plumbing”, “Joe’s Pizza Best Delivery” or “Joe’s Pizza Restaurant Dallas”.
Business Location: Use a precise, accurate address for your business location.
– Do not create a page or place your pin marker at a location where the business does not physically exist. P.O. Boxes are not considered accurate physical locations. Your business location should be staffed during its stated hours.
1. Create a local page
Google Local enables you to increase visibility on local level, to get in touch with the clients and to get recommended by satisfied customers. In order to access this feature, you should start by creating a local Google+ page.
“Local Google+ pages are designed for businesses that serve a particular locale. Local restaurants, hotels, dentists, hardware stores, plumbers, or repair shops, for example, are eligible to create a local page.”
After you have created a page, you should enable reviews from your page settings. Go to the “Reviews” button of your page and you will be able to see all of the reviews. If the reviews are disabled, go the Google+ Setting.
Reviews are publicly visible on the Google+ page,
Local business information quality guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177
Local review policies: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en&ref_topic=4596755