SlideShare is a platform that allows sharing content in the form of PowerPoint presentations, as well as PDF files and Word documents. The content is in the form of the slides, and users can rate, share and comment on the uploaded content.
SlideShare is a hosting service for slide shows and documents, first launched in 2006. Although the original intention was to enable quick and easy sharing of slides, especially for business professionals, the service became very popular among the internet users iinterested in various different sectors, especially among educators and tutors.
Slide presentations are the main feature of SlideShare, but other formats are supported as well, including documents, PDFs, videos and webinars. Users are required to register in order to upload content to SlideShare. The interaction among the users is done through liking and commenting, as well as following SlideShare profiles.
The platform has been acquired by LinkedIn in 2013, after which the website has been redesigned.
* When you use Slideshare, as well as other LinkedIn’s services and apps (including Pulse), you are entering into a legal agreement and you agree to all of these terms.
– Use the Services in a professional manner; and
– Use your real name on your profile
– Provide accurate information and update it as necessary
– Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form;
– Invite people you do not know to join your network;
– Upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo;
– Upload, post, email, InMail, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
— Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity,
— Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable
— Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
Use the “SignUp” button at the top right corner of SlideShare homepage to create your account.
Depending on where you have stored the file, there are two ways to upload a file to SlideShare:
– Upload from your computer
– Upload from Cloud
In both cases, formats supported are the following:
Presentations: pdf, ppt, pps, pptx, ppsx, pot, potx (Powerpoint); odp (OpenOffice)
Documents: pdf, doc, docx, rtf (MSOffice); odt, ods(OpenOffice)
– Google Drive
– Link (URL)