Flickr is a social network for storing and sharing photos and videos. Every user on Flickr gets 1000GB of storage for uploading content, which can be shared publicly, shared with specific users or it can be stored in the user profile and visible to no one except the user who created content.
Flickr was first launched in 2004, and it has been acquired by Yahoo the following year. This online community allows image and video hosting and sharing. Bloggers often use this service for hosting images that can then easily be embedded to a website or blog.
“Flickr offers three types of accounts: Free, Ad Free and Doublr. The free option includes one terabyte of storage limited to 200 MB per photo and 1 GB per video with maximum length 3 minutes. The Ad Free option allows subscribers to avoid advertisements for an annual fee. The Doublr account includes twice the storage of a free account.”
The images are uploaded in photostreams, displayed as a slideshow, or they can be organized in albums. Installation of the app enables Flickr users to upload photos directly from their phone, as well as to sync the account. Free online editing tools help users refine the photo they upload. Users connect by following each other, by liking photos, commenting, etc.
* On Flickr, everyone gets 1000GB of free storage, enough space for more than 500,000 photos. Our powerful search technology means you can find them anytime you want. No matter where you are, automatically sync your phone’s photos to Flickr.
* You agree to provide accurate and complete information about yourself when required by the Yahoo Services’ registration form (the “Registration Data”) and ensure your Registration Data is kept up to date.
* You are solely responsible for all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and other materials that you submit to the Yahoo Services (“User Content”). You agree not to do anything on, or submit any User Content to, the Yahoo Services that:
– infringes any laws (for example, defamation law) or regulations or the rights of another (for example, the laws of copyright or privacy) or encourages others to do so;
– is obscene, threatening, violent, abusive, harmful to others including minors, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, harassing, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
– impersonates another or misrepresents the origin or attributes (including age) of a user or User Content;
– is “spam” or any other form of unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or commercial messages except in areas where this is expressly allowed (please read our complete Spam Policy)
– contains or links to computer viruses, malware or any other malicious code;
– disrupts or impairs the normal operation of the Yahoo Services, or servers or networks connected to the Yahoo Services;
collects User Content or user information, or otherwise accesses the Yahoo Services using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission; or
reproduces, trades in or otherwise exploits for any commercial purposes, any part of the Yahoo Services (including User Content, advertisements, Software and your Yahoo ID)
* You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in User Content that you submit, or make available through, the Yahoo Services. When you submit or make available User Content on publicly accessible areas (described below) of the Yahoo Services, you give to Yahoo the following licence(s):
– For photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available on publicly accessible areas of the Yahoo Services, you give to Yahoo the worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to use, distribute, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, publicly perform and publicly display the User Content on the Yahoo Services:
– for the purposes for which that User Content was submitted; and
– for the purpose of promoting the Yahoo property to which the User Content was submitted or the Yahoo Services anywhere on the Yahoo network or in connection with any distribution or syndication arrangement with other organisations or individuals or their sites.
You will need Yahoo account to sign up for Flickr. If you already have an account, use the existing account. Click on “Sign in” button and you will be asked to log in with your Yahoo account details.
Customize the account
Use the options “Settings” to customize your account:
– Add cover photo
– Edit your buddy icon
– Choose the privacy settings
– Edit your profile information
Use “Upload” button to add new photos or videos to your account.
– Add a description
– Add tags
– Add to albums
– Edit size
– Owner settings (choose who can see the photo)